YOU WOULD LIKE TO ...
- Turn your passion for restoring, upcycling & transforming furniture into a source of income.
– Create your own line of products for that spotted gap in the market, maybe for children’s nurseries or based on a specific style.
– Increase your services as an Interior designer and propose a new way of keeping and transforming your client’s existing furniture to match their new style.
– Expand the range of products in your shop with your own upcycled products and increase your sales.
– Customise the decoration for each event you run and stand out from the crowd without having to pay someone to do it.
... BUT AT THE MOMENT YOU ARE FEELING ...
You may have spent hours making something beautiful, yet you don't know where you are going to be selling, or if you need a website or what to focus on.
You have lots of ideas for your new products, but you don't know if people are going to like them, or what materials you need or how much they are going to cost, let alone how you are going to price them.
You have your products ready to go, you have been at market fairs and sold a few pieces, you need to move your business to the next level but you don't know how to create a good online presence or how to use Social Media.
Time & Resources Constrained
You have been doing this as a hobby, or around your children and full time job and would like to start making a income, even if you are running it as a side business.
START & GROW YOUR UPCYCLING BUSINESS
The "Start & Grow your Upcycling Business" is a small business program for creative people teaching the basics of building a small business.
The three stages of the program are START, MARKETING and GROW, and in each of these you will learn what you need to do to move your business to the next stage.
If you’re not sure where to start, what you need, or you just don't have the time to research through the amount of information and resources available online, these courses will help you set a plan, gain confidence in your business idea and will give you the tools you need to move forward.
The START course will help you set your goals, help you plan your time & workload, get clarity about what you want your business to be and define your business foundation so you know what you have to do.
THIS COURSE IS NOW IN PROGRESS
The MARKETING course will guide you through the main steps you need to follow in order to make your business visible, find your customers and build your online & offline presence.
NEXT COURSE STARTS: 15th MAY 2017
The GROW course will provide you with the tools and the systems you need to organise your business and take it to the next level.
NEXT COURSE STARTS: 12th JUNE 2017
These courses run only twice a year and in periods of 4 weeks. If you are not ready to purchase now or you have missed the date, enter your details below and you will be notified when we start again.
We value your privacy and would never spam you
WHICH COURSE IS THE RIGHT ONE FOR ME?
START: CREATE A SOLID BUSINESS FOUNDATION
- Lesson 1 : Define your long and short term goals, create an action plan so you know what to do next and understand the main requirements for your business.
- Lesson 2 : Research into your target market, find out who your customers are and why they would buy from you. Create or refine your products so they are remarkable. Set your prices and learn why pricing your products is not just about the time you spend working on them.
- Lesson 3 : Define a value proposition that will make your business different.
- Lesson 4 : Prepare your materials, tools and workshop space.
- BONUS 1 : Create a simple website in WordPress, a Facebook page and an Instagram account.
- BONUS 2: Start selling to test your idea and the market
NEXT COURSE STARTS ON THE 20th MARCH, 2017
MARKETING: BECOME VISIBLE
- Lesson 1: Design a unique Brand to be used across the business and learn how good photography of your products can change everything.
- Lesson 2: Improve your website and learn the 5 must haves that attract customers. Engage with your potential clients and build a mailing list.
- Lesson 3: Create a marketing plan, revisit your Facebook Page & Instagram account and learn the top tips for social media success.
- Lesson 4: Review and improve your Etsy store (or create one if you don't have it yet).
- BONUS 1: Visibility challenge, this is a 5 day mini course packed with lots of tips & actions to help you become more visible!
- BONUS 2: How to use Canva to create your marketing materials.
GROW - SCALE YOUR BUSINESS
- Lesson 1: Understand what skills you need to learn or to outsource.
- Lesson 2: Learn and apply the main techniques to grow your business (SEO, find new customers through Facebook Ads, work on partnerships)
- Lesson 3: Create and keep your basic accounts in Excel or using a commercial package. Define the 5 systems you need to stay on top of your business and efficiently manage your time & plan your work.
- Lesson 4: Advanced Pricing for Business Profit.
CREATIVE SKILLS COURSES
- How to prepare, paint, distress and finish furniture to a professional standard.
- Colour combinations & styling.
- Decorative techniques, decoupage & painting with stencils.
- Reupholster a chair or footstool. Includes modern upholstery techniques.